Restore Your Smile with Treatment for Missing Teeth
Tooth loss can happen for a number of reasons, from poor oral hygiene to an injury. Whatever the cause, tooth loss can be treated. Those who suffer from missing teeth can enjoy restored dental function and appearance with restorative dentistry treatments. Don't let tooth loss keep you from enjoying your favorite foods or smiling with confidence. To find which treatment for missing teeth is right for you, schedule a consultation with Lake Jackson, TX dentists Brian Bell and Justin Crocker.
Non-surgical Treatments for Replacing Missing Teeth
Non-surgical treatments for missing teeth are appropriate for those who are not healthy enough to undergo surgery and those who would prefer to avoid surgery. Non-surgical treatments are available for replacing one or more teeth for improved dental function and appearance. Non-surgical treatments for tooth loss include:
- Dental bridges: Traditional dental bridges are used to replace one or multiple teeth with a single dental restoration. The bridge is made of two dental crowns joined, or “bridged,” by one or more artificial teeth. The dental crowns are then bonded to the two teeth next to the area of tooth loss.
- Removable dentures: Traditional removable dentures are the most well known option for replacing a full arch of missing teeth. Removable dentures are custom-made using impressions of the gums for a comfortable fit. Removable dentures may require daily use of denture adhesives for best results.
Surgical Treatments for Missing Teeth
Those who are looking for a more permanent solution for the treatment of tooth loss may want to consider dental implant treatment. Dental implants are surgically placed titanium posts that replace the natural tooth root. Dental implants provide a secure fit and natural feel. One or more dental implants may be placed within the jaw and paired with different types of dental restorations to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. However, dental implant treatment is not suitable for everyone. Because minor oral surgery is required to place dental implants, candidates for this treatment must be healthy enough to undergo surgery. Those who are candidates for dental implant treatment may enjoy restored oral health and function by pairing dental implants with one of the following restorations:
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns may be paired with dental implants to replace individual teeth, making this treatment best for those missing one tooth. Although any number of teeth can be replaced with individual dental implants, this approach is not the most cost or time effective. Those requiring replacement of two or more teeth may want to consider implant-supported bridges or implant-supported dentures.
- Implant-supported bridges: Implant-supported bridges can be used to replace two or more missing teeth. Implant-supported bridges are secured by attaching the bridge to one or two dental implants.
- Implant-supported dentures: Implant-supported dentures allow denture wearers to enjoy secure, stable, natural feeling dental function. Using a few strategically placed dental implants, implant-supported dentures anchor within the gums, eliminating the need for messy adhesives.
Enjoy Restored Oral Health
Replacing missing teeth can help improve oral health and confidence. To find out which treatments are right for you, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Drs. Bell and Crocker.