If unsightly metal fillings or dental cavities leave you too embarrassed to show your smile, tooth-colored dental fillings may be right for you. Tooth-colored dental fillings offer many benefits. Lake Jackson cosmetic dentist Brian K. Bell offers tooth-colored dental fillings to improve appearance and restore dental strength.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Each tooth-colored dental filling is custom-made of either composite resin or porcelain to blend seamlessly with the surrounding tooth. Tooth-colored fillings are gaining popularity for a number of reasons. Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from tooth-colored fillings.
- Increased Confidence: Tooth-colored fillings can return the teeth to their former cavity free appearance. With tooth-colored fillings, you can smile with the confidence of knowing no one will notice your cavities.
- More Aesthetically Pleasing: Tooth-colored fillings blend seamlessly with the surrounding tooth, unlike metal fillings, for a more aesthetically pleasing look.
- Improved Dental Strength: The composite resin and porcelain used for tooth-colored fillings are bonded directly to the teeth to help restore dental strength.
- Replace Old Metal Fillings: Old metal fillings can be an eyesore and cause embarrassment. Fortunately, tooth-colored fillings can be used to replace old metal fillings for a pristine smile.
- Custom-Made: Each tooth-colored filling is custom shaped and shaded for a perfect match to your natural teeth.
- Won't Discolor Teeth: Silver amalgam fillings are known to cause dental discoloration, leaving teeth a grayish tint. With tooth-colored fillings, there is no risk of such tooth discoloration.
- Durable: Both composite resin and ceramic tooth-colored fillings are extremely durable. With proper care, tooth-colored fillings can be expected to last 15 years or longer.
- Safer than Metal Fillings:Tooth-colored fillings are actually safer for your teeth than traditional silver fillings. This is because silver fillings contract and expand when in contact with temperature fluctuations. The constant expansion and contraction can create cracks within the tooth. Tooth-colored fillings will not fluctuate in size, making them safer for your teeth.
- Saves More of the Tooth: By bonding directly to the tooth, tooth-colored fillings preserve more of the tooth than metal fillings.
Alternative Options for Tooth-colored Treatments
Tooth-colored fillings are not your only option for restoring the appearance of your smile. Dental crowns, inlays and onlays, and porcelain veneers are all options to improve dental appearance and restore strength. Dental crowns can restore the appearance and strength of broken or damaged teeth. They are also beneficial for protecting teeth weakened by large fillings. Inlays and onlays are similar to tooth-colored fillings and can be used to fill cavities or replace old metal fillings. Porcelain veneers are a great option for those who would like to improve the overall appearance of their teeth but they can also be used to repair minor cavities and small chips.
Schedule an Appointment
Tooth-colored dental fillings are suitable for most people. To find out if tooth-colored fillings are right for you or to find out more information, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bell today!